The New Zealand Obstacle Sports Association
(NZOSA) is the New Zealand National Sports Organisation for obstacle sports:
Obstacle Course Racing
We are a not-for-profit incorporated society that exists to represent the needs of our members and to further the development of obstacle sports which includes the development of athletes, coaches, officials and events.
Our mission is to unite obstacle athletes, from youth to elite, represent them and serve their needs while promoting sportsmanship and self-discipline.
The purposes for which we are established are as follows:
To bring the obstacle athletes of New Zealand together and encourage them to use their status and experience to promote and develop the ideals of sportsmanship throughout New Zealand.
To represent, develop, nurture and promote the interests of obstacle athletes from grassroots up.
To build an active regular membership dedicated to the mission and purpose of NZOSA.
To operate for charitable and educational purposes in harmony with the fundamental principles set forth in the FISO statutes.
See the FAQ section for more.
**Management of Sub-Sports Activities is through:
Sporting Technical Committee (eg Ninja/OCR/Adventure)
1. Reports to NZOSA Executive Committee
2. Purpose to implement the strategic directives of the NZOSA Exec and fundamentally manage the Sub-sport (eg OCR) in line with National (therefore international) Frameworks.
3. Director of Sport - Chairperson (organizes meetings, ensures alignment with National Frameworks, key contact for escalations
4. Director of Coaching - (Overseas the coaching programs, directs content, co-ordinates leaders to provide meaningful coaching to athletes)
5. Director of Initiatives - (Overseas Event initiatives, trips away, funding, media, co-ordinates leaders to progress Technical Committee action items)
(all other roles can be determined as a case by case decision by the TC who will appoint people as Team Leads for projects/Events/Initiatives